Offshore Banking Unit
The vision of Social Islami Bank Limited is to be a world-class local bank. With a view of rendering services to the foreign and local investors, SIBL has opened its Offshore Banking Unit at 19th fl, City Center, Corporate office, 90/1, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000.
Offshore Banking Unit collects, and borrows funds from fully Foreign owned companies, NRB's and other foreign financial Institutions and channels these again to non-resident borrowers. Since Offshore Financial Services are provided to non-residents without involving local currency, local authorities either exempt these activities from local tax regulation or keep the rates and the regulations to the minimum. At present our OBU offers the services to its customers:
- Project financing (Type A & B category Company)
- Short Term Murabaha (Type A & B category Company)
- Term Financing for Local Investors (Subject to BOI permission)
- Export/Import financing (EPZ clients)
- Import bill-discounting by UPAS system (for local importers)
- Al-Wadiah Current Account (Type A & B category Company)
- Other deposit Account for foreign nationals & NRB clients.
- Nostro A/C for other local Banks with our Offshore Banking Unit.
The Unit is run by the following three experienced personnel. Their contact details are given below:
- Sohan Ferdous Shokrana, (AVP & In-charge)
- Abu Raihan Ahmed Ruhee, FAVP
- Mohammad Billal Hossain, SEO
- Mohammed Tawsif Salam, EO
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org